jak in the box: Getting Ready for Santa

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Getting Ready for Santa

It's hard to get in the Christmas spirit when it is 11 degrees Celsius with the sun shining, and warm spring like breezes blowing off the ocean...

See what I mean? This is Mr. Harley and I last week on the beach across the street.





Now that his stitches are gone and the cone has been permanently discarded - we let him chew the bits out of it and spit it out - he has a new doggy doo. More like a bobble head doo. Very cute and funny. We're trying to grow out a mustache for him. I donno - a little dog named Harley calls for a handle bar mustache, don't you?

We do have our outside Christmas lights up and are starting to decorate the inside, but I'm still a little sad and therefore hesitant to take out the surviving decorations - OH, we found out what happened to our decorations! Not a mouldy basement afterall. Just a $700 water tank that was leaking and needed to be replaced TODAY... bye bye $700... happy Christmas :)

Anyhow - that's fixed and I'm sure there are a lot more soggy goodies for us in the basement. The plummer said we were lucky - some tanks just explode and do much more damage. Bye angle tree topper... bye little clay snowman and Rudolph. I'll miss you.

Enough of that. Time to share with you some pics and news.

First off, here's Mr. Harley and his new hair cut avec Christmas sweater.



See the reason He needs a mustache - looks a little girly doesn't he? (Don't worry, the bows were removed at Honey's request immediately after this pic was taken.)

Knitting News
I donno, but is anyone else feeling this awful panic inside about knitting and Christmas. I have the urge to knit for me. Me, me, me. Only because I'm totally freaked out that it's not humanly possible to finish all I want to finish in 24 days! (and because I really want the button-up fingerless gloves on Straw )

So... because it's not humanly possilbe to knit all projects in time - I have decided to paint a bathroom...

Chow!

jak











1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Oh Harley. That's the most forced smile I've ever seen on a dog - those bows are dreadful. How could they do it to you, man?

You must go to www.savemouse.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home