jak in the box: I think I'm offended

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I think I'm offended

I was talking to my friend's mom the other night. I love her very much, and call her mom as we were very close growing up. Here's the kicker - she says, "What are you doing tonight?", and I excitedly reply, "I'm knitting my puppy a sweater for Christmas!" She says, "How old are you? You're too young to be knitting." ... wtf?

She obviously does not know that the most trendy, creative, young(ish) women are making wonderful knitted items right now. She obviously has not experienced the wonderful wools and seen the beautiful colors.

On a lighter note. I finished Mr. Harley's sweater and he looks adorable in it. I used the pattern from Stitch n' Bitch as a guide, and made a few adjustments to our liking.

Here he is:



This is his 'over the shoulder pose' showing the 'rustic' snowflake.




Side view showing off the masculine stripes.

I had to take into account he's going to the spa in a couple of weeks and will lose a mound of fur, so it should fit nicely and not be busting at the seams :)

Happy knitting young ladies and lads!

jak

1 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harley looks very handsome in his new sweater! You did such a fantastic job - did you duplicate stitch the snowflake? Very crafty.

God, he's a cute little dog.

I don't understand why some people think knitting is for old ladies. Are they living under a rock? To me, it seems the other way around, that knitting is almost too trendy right now. It's the "new yoga", remember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home