jak in the box: Advertisers in Blog World ~ Suck

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Advertisers in Blog World ~ Suck

OK - I'm a little Pee O'de.

Notice 3 comments on last post - all from what I believe to be sneaky advertising/marketing ... I haven't clicked on their sites, I won't click on their sites and once I discover how to delete comments - I will.

This upsets me for many reasons, but the number one reason is, as a friend of mine once said - your blog is your personal living room. So, advertisers/marketers, whatever they are - are not only calling my house when I'm eating supper, are not only throwing ads at me when I'm watching TV, reading magazines, going to the theater, driving down the highway, popping up when I'm online - they are pushing their crap in my virtual living room.

I have heard companies that are strapped for cash are setting up pseudo blogs and through that talking about how great their product is. All I can say is - THAT SUCKS. Nothing like taking the purity out of personal communication.

Looks like they are gardening companies or something like that - so unfortunately, I'm going to have to get rid of the link to 'You Grow Grl' (typo on purpose - I don't want them to find me again). See, now I'm hiding. How fair is that?

The sweet irony of it all...
My husband's in advertising.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Steph said...

no nonononononono! you don't have to get rid of the You Grow Girl link.

Go into blogger, and on the dashboard, go to comments and click the thingy that enables the word verification thing on your comments, k? Blog spammers don't have time to bother with little word verification things.

I agree, though, getting spammed in your "living room" totally sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home