jak in the box: What do you get when you cross a sheep...

Thursday, November 03, 2005

What do you get when you cross a sheep...

with a tiger?

A striped sweater.

Little C brought home a joke book today, and I thought this one was appropriate for knitting bloggers.

A great week - first of all, would like to say a special thanks to HRM Stitch n' Bitch for kindly welcoming me as a newbie last evening. It was great meeting the new ladies as well as seeing knitting friends! Everyone is working on great projects, and I show up with a fuzzy foot... Not that there's anything wrong with fuzzy feet... I must admit I'm the, self confessed fuzzy foot pro at this time. I'm crazily working away to finish them as Christmas gifts. I must also say, they are VERY comfortable - I wear the hunter orange 'test pair' :)

Halloween News ~
This year we had fantastic weather! It was mild, with no wind, and yes folks I know it's a shocker, no rain...

Little C dressed up as a cowboy. Not a dead cowboy, or a mean cowboy - a good ol' fashioned gun slingin' cowboy. I was surprised by his choice with so many commercial costumes out there, but we went around to second hand clothing stores and rounded us up a cowboy hat and accessories and out he went. I was also surprised by his knowing when enough is enough. Candy. He's a kid and well, kids love candy. We went around our street one time and it filled a big pillow case about a quarter full. I wanted to go out some more as it was nice and the dog was enjoying the spooks, but Little C said he had enough. Hopefully he'll remain that way and never become a greedy person. Note: He shared his chocolate with me! He's an addict as much as anyone I know, and he shared... sigh... I'm a mama with a happy heart.

I've also been volunteering at the school library. I figure if I'm not working right now, I at least need something to put on my resume. Books, children, meeting people? why not. It has been great fun and I've met some interesting characters, as well as some wonderful women.

In the process of thinking about possibly (nothing definite here) going back to school. Will have to make up my mind soon, as I am aiming to start by January... What scares me the most is spending all that money... that I don't have...

In closing a pic. of my Halloween spooks -



Can you see them in the window?

Here's the cowboy ghost giving out candy...




And one more joke - I couldn't resist.

Knock knock?

You say...

Butcher

You say...

Butcher arms around me.... (sung in slightly slurred speech - much more funny that way.)

2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat kid. I find it so reassuring to hear about the "good" ones - with the media being the way it is, it makes you think that the next generation will be a bunch of serial killers.

You rock, C.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Steph said...

HELLO? Fuzzy feet? Amazing project. Anything destined for felting is the equivalent of preparing for a magic trick. THEY ARE MAGIC! AND you can work on them and talk too! All projects are acceptable. I mean, c'mon, Morgan was CROCHETING and we let her stay!

Silly girl. C is a good kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home