jak in the box: Oh the Joys of Knitting!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Oh the Joys of Knitting!

The last 2 days I have been frantically working on Fuzzy Feet (by Knitty). This was my first attempt at a sock like structure, and I was amazed at how quickly they came together, and how the heel forms (I know, I'm a newbie). It was great to work on a project that I could finish so quickly. I decided to do these because I'm looking for a quick Christmas project and because I had some nice Hunter Orange Lamb's Pride my son picked out for mittens, but this week kindly told me, he did not like mittens - but he likes gloves... Hold on younin' I'm barely learning the mittens :)

Here are the Fuzzy Feet. I reinforced (doubled up) the toe and heel with a darker orange left over from my French Market Bag (also by Knitty). Felting is Fun!

 
 Posted by Picasa

A couple of weeks ago I finished Mittens (yeah!). My first pair knit on the round. The pattern came from the Fall issue of Family Circle easy Knitting magazine. But as I understand it, it's is a basic pattern. I just used some cheaper wool to try this pattern, but I really like it and will make some more this winter. To match I also made a Cabled neck tube (Hello Yarn) because I wanted to learn cables without starting a large project. This was quick and easy too!

 
 Posted by Picasa

Last but not least, I was working on the lovely Clapotis from Knitty (thank you Knitty for all the great patterns), but because I don't have time to sit quietly - ok - because I watched Oprah and Dr. Phil while knitting, holes seemed to appear where they shouldn't have been... I thought it would be ok, because in the end stitches are dropped anyway. But after I got 2 skeins in, I realized the dropped stitches were not in line with the stitches I accidentally dropped. So, this project has been unwound (oh so sad - sob), and will be saved for after Christmas when I don't feel guilty about knitting something for myself when I should be working on Christmas gifts...

Here it is though - I mostly wanted to point out the stitch markers. Aren't they lovely? Jewelry for your knitting :) Some were made by Bits of Happy, and I improvised and made some more as I didn't have enough on hand (need 18 in total). Gotta love those old craft supplies.

 
 Posted by Picasa

 
 Posted by Picasa


This is my dream project - Greek Pullover. I saw the pattern in Interweave Knits at Tangled Skeins on the weekend. I LOVE it. The yarn will cost me a little over $100... didn't I start knitting because I thought it would be a cheap alternative to buying?... That's not working out so well. Anyhow, when I have some time to knit for me, and some cashola, this will be mine!

 
 Posted by Picasa

It was so great to be at Tangled Skeins on the weekend and meet other people who are crazy passionate about knitting as I am. Even though I'm new, there were people coming in from every level. I especially found the lady who LOVED felted bags very comforting :)

Also working on a couple of toques. One for my friend who graduates bootcamp next week. Way to go girl!! And the other is the umbilical cord hat from Stitch n Bitch - it's just so darn cute!

Well, I'm off to take my puppy to the vet... the third time in 7 days - that's an entire other entry :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home