jak in the box: Another Rain Day

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Another Rain Day

Wow!!!
What a crazy time. I thought being off work would give me more time. That's not what happens at all. Other things move in and fill the time.

Like - Puppy Training. If anyone out there has any tips ~ would LOVE to hear them. I can watch him all morning and the second I stop looking at him to say, pour a coffee - He Pees on the Floor! Cute little bugger though! He is a Shih Tzu. We have decided on Harley as his name. A couple of reasons - he sorta sounds like a little motorbike when he's growling, and that's what the breeders little girl called him, and it suits. I've already knit him a little sweater (Howl from Stitch n Bitch). I don't say it will fit him more than a few weeks. He's 3.3 lbs right now. It's amazing how much you can do in the run of a day when your up at 5 a.m.


Here's Harley in his Howl sweater, pre-arms. I added them after I was sure it fit :) Posted by Hello

Gardening - has been quite non-existent. Not because of Harley. He loves to run and play in the grass (mostly dirt). It hasn't stopped raining here since the 10th of May... and is supposed to continue at least for the rest of the week... also a hindrance in the entire puppy potty issue.

I have managed to plant some bulbs (they're well watered :), and have planted some more seeds inside. Now have to get the ones I planted in March in the ground or in potters outside.

I did get some wonderful pics of my lilacs budding, and some great shots of flowers when we were in Bermuda:


Not sure what this is called, but they were all over the island. I thought they were beautiful.

Knitting - oh sweet knitting! Not much further until honey's sweater is complete. I have been procrastinating a little on that as it is very new to me and I'm not sure what I'm doing, but so far so good. Almost ready to do the arms! Maybe that's what the weather is waiting for... once the sweater is finished, the weather will turn nice! Murphy's Law classic.

Also added to my stash compliments of Tangled Skeins' anniversary sale last week. Oh the beautiful projects I will be starting!! So, not entirely minding the rain :) Lacy wraps and scarves, more sweaters, mittens, and more outfits for Harley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home