jak in the box

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Many of you have had this experience before. And if you haven't, and you are an addicted ~ I mean an avid knitter ~ you will. Taking my dog for a walk yesterday, we checked the mail. Expecting flyers & bills I was surprised to see a little Canada Post bag. Hmmm, I thought, what did we order that I have forgotten about? Pulling it from the cozy box I looked @ the return address. My friend in NL! Yeah! I haven't heard from her since I sent her socks made with the LO yarn I made her mamma's prayer shawl with.

I got very excited and couldn’t even wait till I got home. I had to open it up on the side of the street – holding Mr. Harley from going out in the traffic in one hand and trying to rip open the bag with the other.

Yeah! A note - and what’s this? Soft... Squishy.... IT’S YARN!! Naturally died Merino!!! YEAH!!! I could see it already – a soft sqishy yummy touque for this winter! I love the color – it’s the color family I usually buy when I’m purchasing yarn myself :) She doesn't even knit - and she sent me yarn...

It's Hand Dyed Merino she picked up when she was in NY. It's from Catskill Merino Sheep Farm. Delicious! I'm looking for a toque pattern for me :)



Now, I know this next thing has happened to you...

You're minding your own business on the way to an appointment and What? There it is - The Yarn Store. Looking @ the time - you think, Well I do have a few minutes. Besides I haven't been here in a while and they probably have new yarn. I'm not going to buy any. I'm just going to see what's new.

You leave in a hurry because now you're a few minutes LATE for your appointment. Small bag of candy in one hand, cell phone in the other ~ calling other addicts ~ I mean Knitters. There's new yarn! You must let them all know! New colors, new fibers, new patterns!

I couldn't not (See? It's a double negative = positive - I HAD to).



For this - Anais from the Norah Gaughan collection (Berroco):



It's Ultra Alpaca Light (50% Super Fine Alpaca - 50% Peruvian Wool). It's Delicious!!! See? It's the same color family as the yarn my friend sent to me? Am I too predictable? I struggled. I was going to get blue. The same blue in the picture. But, I went back to what I LOVE ~ reds.

Haven't been able to knit in about 4 weeks, due to the move. So - this rainy afternoon I'm taking off to blog *hai* & knit :)

xo
jak

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Steph VW said...

ooooh - nice yarn. JAK colours fer sure.

I love those "I JUST BOUGHT YARN!" phone calls. hee hee. They crack me up.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! Perfect for fall, too!

My knitting is feeling neglected.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Tdot said...

Now that you've left the fog for the snowbelt you're going to need that merino toque!

PS - so nice to see you back on line...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home