jak in the box: The good, the bad, and yes I'm still knitting

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The good, the bad, and yes I'm still knitting

ok, OK - I'm on Ravelry. I resisted. For a bit. Then experimented through a friend's account. Then decided to get my own account. And now (thanks friend), I'm addicted. 

ok, OK - it's not her fault... I have an addictive personality. Not like that's a huge surprise when you consider the amount of knitting paraphernalia accumulated in such short periods of time, the UFO's on needles, and the binder's full of potential projects. I will never run out of things to knit, or knit with.   

If I do (yes, I have thought about this, I know you have too), IF I do (this will only happen if I'm ship wrecked on a deserted island - and IF I'm ship wrecked it will be with other knitters because it will have been a knitting cruise) there are sticks for make-shift needles and vine, twigs, and other stringy-type local plant life that could be used for lovely head bands or knit bikini tops.   And IF we are all knitters on a cruise chances are we won't go overboard without our needles and at least one project.  I know it.  You know it.  

Anyhooo, I digress.

First Blogging, then Facebook, now Ravelry.  WOOO HOOOO! 

I can say I have almost all of my needles, books, and some of my projects logged digitally online. The good - if there is ever a fire in my house and I lose all my needles and books (must not think that way, must not think that way), I have a record of what I could possibly recoup financially. Now... just to get my stash on there. (Working on it.) 

The best part?  Well there's two actually.  Ok three.
1.  Patterns, ideas, galore!!
2.  Yarn stash ideas.  Type in the yarn and voila - other projects made with that yarn!
3.  Other knitters, just as addicted as me sharing the passion AND stimulating creativity.

The bad - well, I haven't seen real live knitters in over 2 weeks.  That's sad, but I'm ok.  Because I have Ravelry!

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I am an evil yarny temptress...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home