jak in the box: Headin' for the Sun, and Rides, and the Beach!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Headin' for the Sun, and Rides, and the Beach!

Ou, and what to bring to knit? That's the hardest part... I can't bring a bulky wool project - too hot. I don't want to bring anything too complicated - might need to pay attention to connections or just to people watch @ the airport. Nothing too light in color - it might get a little dirty with the travel.

We leave the house Saturday a.m. @ 3:30 to hop on a plane for the Sunshine State - bringing the children (big & small) to Disney World - YEAH!!!

A few years back my little niece had a brain tumor removed. She has completely healed beyond all of our expectations. You know, children are wonderful. We tell them they will be ok - and they are. We tell them they will heal - and they do. Anyhow... she received her wish from The Children's Wish Foundation - to swim with the Dolphins. So, my family decided to join my brother's family for a Disney/Beach vacation. Perfect timing as we have had about as much of winter as we can take - as have masses of other Canadians.

Hmmm maybe lace sockies....

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Socks sound like a great project for your trip.

You guys are going to have such a great time. Please say hi to the sunshine and sand for me.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Are you swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove? My brother went and swears it was worth every penny of the rather considerable fee they paid (and he's about the cheapest guy I know!). I hope your niece's Wish coming true is awesome for everyone!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger lulubelle said...

Ah, I wish I could come too. Any room in your suitcase for me? I don't mind travelling with your yarn and I promise not to knit it (much of it anyway).

Have fun and lots of love to your little niece. Congrats to her on her recovery!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your sounds-like-an-amazing-girl niece to pet a dolphin for me. Dolphins always look so happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home