jak in the box: Knitting accomplished

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Knitting accomplished

Well, it's been a while since I've actually posted knitting projects completed. I finished the socks I was working on during the trip to Florida. They are for a special friend. Actually the daughter of the lady the prayer shawl was knit for. Because I had yarn left over, I decided to make socks for her to warm her feet, while the shawl warms her mom.

Love this yarn!! Love the color, the texture, and how it looks knit up. Here they are:

Hedera by Cookie from Knitty

Yarn: Socks that Rock, In the Navy (almost 1 skein)
Needles: 2.5 mm
Knit for: Friend (xo)




Also finished a side button up cardi (Buttony Sweater by Katie Marcus). I knit it with Fleece Artist Big Baby Alpaca. There was a pattern (Jo) with this yarn, but I decided against it and chose this sweater instead. Very happy with how it turned out. I knit it longer than pattern called for and decreased the sides (then increased) to give it shaping. Also knit the sleeves 3/4 length to accentuate shaping. LOVE it!

Needles: 6.5 mm
Yarn: Fleece Artist, Big Baby Alpaca (2.5 skeins)
Color: Browns & greens
Knit for: me :)



And these... a birthday gift from aspecial friend :)
Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, Nancy Bush.
Pattern: Child's French Sock
Yarn: Matchmaker Merino
Color: Strawberry (yummy Red :)



Thank you ~ friend :)

4 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Beautiful socks! I love the sweater too--I don't think I've seen tht side-button pattern before, it looks great. Just so you know, the first commenter is spamming knitting blogs--he left the exact same comment on my blog as well, after we both turned up in a search.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger lulubelle said...

Damn Jak, you look HOT in that sweater!

(And I mean you look really good, not you look overheated, lol)

Nicely done!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Oooooh. the new sweater is fab.

The Hedera socks are sweet.

Now, I wanna see those baseboards. And that's not a euphemism.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home