jak in the box: Safe

Monday, April 21, 2008

Safe

Phew - I found it!

Had a major scare. A long scare too. Not one that lasts for a second - like the one you have when you are on a ride and leave your stomach in the air with that 'Oh My God I'm going to die' feeling. It's one that lasted for weeks. I would go to sleep with it. Wake up with it. Carry it around with me all day... Then, as suddenly as it started. It ended. Sweet relief. * sigh *

It started when we were looking over pictures from our Florida trip. I was like, ou it was chilly that night I have my diagonal shawl on. That's a nice shawl. It looks nice in that picture... OMG - I haven't seen my shawl since We've Been HOME - Where is my SHAWL ??? (PANIC !!!!)

Calm down... when was the last time you had it?
Yes, I was packing and trying to decide if I should wear it on the trip home because the plane can sometimes be a little chilly, and airports are air conditioned. Next thought - yeah but I'll have a sweater AND a jacket and what if I accidentally leave it somewhere - OMG What IF I LEFT IT SOMEWHERE?!!

Calm down... did you have it on the plane when you talked to the knitting lady?
No, Cause If I DID I WOULD HAVE SHOWED IT TO HER - RIGHT? OMG That means it's in NEW YORK!!!! WHAAAA !!!

Calm down... look in suit case - AGAIN....
Maybe it's in the front pocket where I hide my dirty underwear... NO! IT'S NOT THERE!!! Someone in New York has a wonderful knit shawl... I HOPE they Appreciate it. I HOPE they LOVE it.

Calm down... sleep on it.
It will come to you. Let your mind find it. Think about something else. (Chicken noodle soup. Hot steamy chicken noodle soup...)

Three weeks of this. Then. I looked in the suitcase. Again. The front pocket has a front pocket. Scrunched up at the bottom, all nestled and safe - my diagonal shawl.

* sigh *

3 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Steph said...

ugh - I know that feeling all too well. It's sick-making, isn't it?

I do this thing whenever I travel - I get about halfway to my destination and then panic - did I bring my glasses? Oh no! I don't remember packing them... aaaah! I need my glasses...

Sometimes we have to pull over so I can check the suitcase in the trunk. Other times I just have to wait because pilots can't pull over on the shoulder.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My BIL called on Sunday afternoon convinced that he left his *very* expensive fly-fishing rod on our front curb while packing the car.

Of course, it wasn't there.

He called a while later, turns out his GF had already brought it into the house hours ago.

Glad you found your shawl!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger knitjo said...

I've lost scarves that I love (at least 3 or 4) some lovingly knitted, others that were very nice gifts...I can relate!!!!!!!! Now, I'll just go cry a few tears.

I'm glad you didn't lose THAT shawl--it is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home