jak in the box: For the real babies...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

For the real babies...

I've never knit for babies before. I must say, it's very satisfying! A sweater in just a few hours - Lovely! I planned to learn to knit when I was pregnant (100 years ago). My MIL bought me a huge ball of yarn (which I still have around here somewhere), needles, and the book I think she had when she first started knitting. Then the baby came, along with bathing, breast feeding, trying to feed and and bathe myself, and work full-time. So, knitting, fell to the wayside to be picked up at a later date. My MIL did knit some lovely things though. Even though I didn't knit at the time, and therefore no real appreciation for knit garments, I'm glad I had the sense to keep what she knit for lil' jak.

Here's my new adventure into baby knitting:

Placket Pullover from Last Minute Knitted gifts for my cousin's little one. He'll be arriving any day now.
Yarn: Cotton Fleece
Needles: 4.25mm


And not so sure about this one. I downloaded the pattern from an online craft magazine, but had to change it substantially as the math was wacky on it. I also knit it for a friend, but now I'm not sure if she'll like the color. I'm not even sure if I do.
Yarn: Manos
Needles: 4.5mm


Definately needs a pretty ribbon... or something...

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Steph said...

OMG - she'll love it. I'm sure of it.

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A ribbon. Definitely. I really like it the colour. Girly, but with the manos texture, not too much so...

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger affectioknit2 said...

Both sweaters are lovely - I really like the yellow and blue together...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home