jak in the box: I remembered

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I remembered

my password and login name!

Hello. My name is jak and I'm a Facebookaholic - recovering Facebookaholic. It wasn't so bad in the past few weeks. I slowly weened myself. It took way too much time away from the people I love right now to find out what the people I used to know are doing. I discovered, most are doing what they were when I knew them, just the grown up version...

So, here I am. Back in the Blog world - hoping I can remember the Mac html codes, and hoping you'll accept me.

Oh yes! Of course I've been knitting. I wasn't that out of tune with reality. I've finished quite a few projects:

A shawl in linen (no photo... yet). It's a Blue Sky Alpaca pattern a friend gave to me, but I didn't use the silk it called for as I had a lot of linen I purched on sale a few years ago - Yes, I knit from the stash! Yeah!

The Petunia Tote from Interweave Knits, Spring 2007. I made it smaller with shorter straps and used EcoCotton instead of the Tahki Cotton Classic it called for. I also doubled up yarn on the bottom to make it a little stronger. It's now awaiting a fabric lining. I think I've said this before - I'm a knitter, not a sewer (that's funny - sewer - get it?). So am procrastinating a wee bit. Sorry, no photo for that one yet either...

Ou - just finished the Sabine shrug by Perl Grey. Cute, but a little itchy even after rinsing and blocking. We'll see how the winter goes with it.



And what would a summer be without a trip to a farm - only I can't trick them anymore. They know it's a yarnshop in disguise. It's a good thing because this shop only had a couple of cats and they were hiding. They made up for lack of animals though. Baddeck Yarns. Lovely shop. Wonderful service. And oh what lovely treats. So, I spoiled myself with this:

Tilli Tomas 100% Spun Silk w/Glass Beads


My precious (said while ringing hands). It's pre-beaded silk. Comes with a pattern - Rock Star Scarf. Since I'm not a Rock Star but would like to be one - I figure this white, beaded, silk scarf might just get me there. Hey, you Never know...

And also, THESE!!!

Sox Stix by Lantern Moon ~ Rosewood



TA DAAAAA! I haven't even used them yet. I am so Bloody excited though. I've sniffed them. I've fondled them. I've taken them out of the lovely silk baglett and put them back, taken them out, and put them back... I guess you could say... I've made love to them couldn't you? Heee heee. They are smooth and sleek and beautifice. The were expensive & a gift to me - from me - for finishing school.

YES!! I wrote my final exam the last week in August and STILL awaiting final marks. I feel pretty good about it though. Once certified (Registered Holistic Nutritionist), I hope to start my own business. Will let you know as we get closer. Very exciting!

As a final note:
Those who have seen me lately or might see me in the next few days might say - What the heck happened to your hair? To you my friends, I will say - Never drink with your hair dresser. And if you must, insist they leave their scissors at home. They believe they are more creative after a few drinks. You & I, as knitters know for certain, that is Not true!

Glad to be back in Blogland - land of the free, land of the knitters, land of friends in the now :)

jak

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Alison said...

How about a hair pic for those of us who haven't seen you too recently (not since the Harlot fiasco, anyway)? Or is there one up on facebook already? A drunken haircut, well, unlike drunken knitting, it will grow back!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drinking and hairstyling...doesn't sound good.

Mmm, I want to try to make beaded yarn sometime.

Welcome back!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Steph said...

YAY! You're back in the blog world. Now we just need to get you back to KOL and all will be right with the world!

I think we need to meet up for a knitting show and tell.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray! Welcome back to the world of squishy yarns and digital drooling over said yarns. The Tili Thomas stuff is amazing, isn't it?

Good job on the shrug, and finishing school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home