jak in the box: Mixing worlds

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Mixing worlds

No post lately... well, I have tried to post. We have switched home computers from PC to Mac. Not that there's much difference, but I kept creating and deleting posts ~ 3 times. So I took a couple days, and am going to giver' another shot. So... I'm not sure if it's Mac or Blogger changes, but I used to be able to change fonts (style & color), view Preview and HTML - but now it's bare bones - spell check (which doesn't work), and insert images. Perhaps it's me and I haven't figured it all out yet... anyhow - here's what I've been up to:

Mingling of Worlds
What fun is life if we don't mix it up a bit?
In Cellular Biology class we had to construct a eukaryote - fancy word for - a cell. Here's my constructed creative version - a la fiber.


... sorry if it's sideways. still working out the kinks.

Here's a close up shot:


I now have a new mission. Knit as many human body parts as possible. There is actually a pattern for the heart in the Winter 06/07 issue of Knit.1 ~ speaking of... they changed format of this magazine and I'm not loving it. I liked the smaller version. It set it aside from the others in style, format and function. I have also spied a pattern for a crocheted eyeball. I don't crochet, but perhaps I can learn or find a crocheter willing to support the Fiber Body Parts cause.

Bottoms up!
My first toe up sock! And the spoiled brat I am... It's Vesper! Color: Strange Little Mama. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I'm a little torn now - do I go on to sockie #2 or start a new sock with Vesper, Color: Sweet Water! Ah - why order 1 when they're sooooo yummy? A special shout out to Knitterly Things (would post link here - But Haven't figured OUT.... breath in... breath out...). Old fashioned way: www.knitterlythings.com



Knitting B-day Gifts
Another wonderful reason to celebrate birthdays - knitting paraphernalia.

My good friend Ms. Happy gave me a lovely 100g skein of Fleece Artist Merino (fingering weight). The most beautiful orangie color. Mr. jak gave me a copy of Knitting with Balls ~ I LOVE this book. There are so many men in my life to knit for and so few patterns.

Heading to TO for March break! Lettuce Knit, Knit Cafe, and Village yarns ~ here I come! I may hit some others, but these are my top 3! Get ready BILs we're going Fiber Candy shopping!

jak - out

7 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cell model! Someone out there on the interweb knitted the entire digestive system...

Ah, I vaguely remember cell biology class. Mostly I remember my professor explaining hydrophilic and hydrophobic in a sing-songy voice. (I also remember the difference between procaryotic and eucaryotic and most of the functions of the organelles, but I digress).

Love the stripy sock! It makes me happy just looking at it.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Oh oh oh! Pick me, pick me! I use Mac at home! I can answer the questions - pick me! Ehn, ehnnnn! *raises hand higher in air*

(WHERE DID YOU GET THE BARBAPAPA MUG? I am green with envy.)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Maybe Steph can set up some sort of coffee date with the Harlot for you. I think you only have to agree to carry unspecified substances between Halifax and Toronto without asking any questions...

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger lulubelle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger lulubelle said...

I was wondering about the barbapapa mug too...very cool!

I think Mrs FE told me to turn my posting thingy to HTML format and new blogger was much easier to manage. Hope that helps!

(I deleted my comment due to a spelling error...I couldn't just let it go, I'm anal like that)

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger jak said...

Well my lovelies, and obvious Barbapapa fans (gott love the 80's girls). The mug is a gift from Mr. jak when he was in France a couple of summer's ago... France or Barbapapa mug? I chose the mug!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jak....I took time out tonight to read what's up in your life as I never hear from you much or see you .I love your crazy sense of humor.......and I still think you should seriously think about writing a book...you surely do have a way with words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home