jak in the box: How Romantic

Saturday, February 03, 2007

How Romantic

I know it's not yet Valentine's Day, but the dreary cold weather has me drawn to bright colors and... hearts... I'm not partial to hearts, but in knitting it seems to be a little different.

The color is Orchid by Sweet Georgia. Ideally, I would have done these in After Glow, but it seems sweet karma has come to bit me in my knitting #ss. The whole, only buying one skein cause that's all I need, then when I the color I want 2 skeins of... and well, there's only one left... Anyhow, I managed.

As color reference, as acutal picture of sock doesn't show the color accurately.



1 sock complete :)


On another note: For Christmas we gave my MIL Noro Silk Garden, Addi Turbo's and a pattern to make herself a sweater. Why didn't I knit it for her? you ask. Well, she is a wonderful knitter with skills I only hope to achieve one day. She's often told me - ok muffle your ears - she doesn't enjoy knitting... BUT I think it's because she didn't have the expanse of wonderful textures available to her that we now have, and she didn't have beautiful needles to speed the process. Anyhow - I wanted to show her the wonderful world of Noro texture and here's her finished product:

Isn't it beautiful!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Steph said...

It's either Karma or you have a mean friend.

Hee hee.

Someone went to London Wul todayyyyyy!!!!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty socks - and LOVE the Klaralund (?) sweater.

What sock pattern is that?

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

The socks look awesome!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger The Ninja Knitter said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAK!

(Don't worry, I'll start drinking decaf soon.)

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Did you poop today? (sorry, I was just reading Steph's notes on her blog and thought I would ask. After all, I am post 30 as well...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home