jak in the box: Birthday time

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Birthday time

Would like to send out a special thanks to 3,300 of my closest friends (at least in proximity), for Celebrating my birthday with me on the World's Largest Pub Crawl this past weekend. I am a little skeptical however, they told us we were battling the Aussie's for the title, but I haven't been able to find actual documentation of this yet. Oh well, what else is there to do in the midst of a February Freeze than bounce from bar to bar with friends everywhere?


All in all it was a great time - with great friends!
Now, with World's Largest Pub Crawl ticked off my list - what's next?

In knitting news:

Heart Socks - finished. Yeah! Good thing, I'd say - Valentine's Day tomorrow. Happy Heart day to everyone - take care of your hearts.

Thrummed mitts - 1/2 a mitt to go. They are lovely.

Trying to finish what's in UFO basket before starting anything new... old hat from 1953, here .... I ..... come.... Seriously, I think there's a point where you should get rid of the stuff that's weighing you down. Perhaps a better idea is to go through UFOs and cleanse. Yes, that's what I'll do - cleanse!

OU - almost forgot! A most wonderful knitted gift from a most generous friend:


Klaralund in Noro Silk Garden, by Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton (Book Number Two).
For me - Knit by "S" Thank you, oh so much! It's so great to wear a beautiful hand knit sweater - that's why we knit right? But to have someone give you one THEY knit is even more wonderful. Happy Birthday indeed!

In a weird twist of fate - it's the same one my MIL has (see previous post). Different colors - phew! Would hate to be at the same party...

Last but not least ~ Today a Special Friend is celebrating her Jesus birthday. To let her know how much I really do care about her, even though we don't get to see each other every day, I would like to apply for the BFF position she currently has available due to her old BFF getting a hip replacement... ou, not Old, old friend. Her friend from the good ol' days - you know, the friend forever, friend. Sorry B, this isn't sounding good but you know what I mean right?

This has taken me so long because it takes time to come up with a kick-but list that you can't refuse - Ready?

1. I too am an Aquarian and understand your quirky ways, and will never forget your birthday (wait - is that 2?).

2. Having just celebrated my Jesus birthday, I know what you're going through - hey, I made the up term!

3. If you ever have the desire to have a baby or a dog - I have both you can have overnight, or until the urge passes.

4. I have experience with World's Largest Pub Crawls.

5. Due to number 4 - I will be in Guinness Book of World Records. Hey, that's almost famous right?

6. If you ever need a get-a-way vehicle, I have a motorbike (small alleys), jeep (mountains, dirt, ice - whatever), and can assist you in jumping out of an airplane ~ common! How many of your current BFFs can do that?

7. I'm a quick learner - and you're a good teacher. We're a good team.

8. I have tattoos, and can look mean on command (Ms. Oromocto).

9. I too am obsessed with knitting, and will stay up till wee hours on the phone with you discussing patterns, needles, fibres, books, etc.

10. I know your pain (office - aka hell).

11. I met Bentley, and I think he really liked me.

12. I can and will color your hair anytime you can't find a professional.

13. I have been practicing my Super Hero pose and I think if we make an appointment at Wall mart we can get our Super Hero pose pictures done together for under $20.

There - 13 reasons because, your birthday is on the 13th!

Please contact me at your convenience to further discuss my qualifications.







5 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your resume is clearly better than mine. Gorgeous sweater - it fits you perfectly!

Alas, I, have one small tattoo, and can only look bitchy on commane (being Ms. Truro and all).

Happy belated birthday!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Steph said...

OH my gosh! JAK! That is the best resume ever. B is in trouble!

If #10 gets really bad, I may call on you (#8) to help me get out (#6).

And I think we should totally do #13. We'll need capes and cool hairstyles. I may need you for #12 if that's the case!

You're the best.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Alison said...

Wow. Ms. Happy would be crazy to turn you down. In fact, she might want to look into some sort of legally binding contractual agreement right now!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Minou said...

I'm telling you - I WANT THAT BFF position I'm sending a resume too - WATCH OUT!!!!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough is enough! Stop...stop...stop! I am now back and bionic...therefore the postion of BFF is now not needed for Steph. Sorry Jen...but I am back and better than ever!

Love Bionic Becca

PS..Happy Belated Birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home