jak in the box: March break ~ hockey style

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

March break ~ hockey style

With March Break gone, we're settling back into reality quite well. The weather has been Fantastic - daylight savings is here - therefore, I conclude... Summer is on it's way my friends! In my excitement this week, I have been out in the dirt trying to dig, but it's still frozen... sigh... I think I will start some herbs inside to give me the 'green fix' I need.

A hockey trip update:
Settled in the car, on our way to March break - it started. Mr. jak, Mr. Harley, Little C and I headed out for the 4.5 hr. trip to grandparents house. To kill some time, we searched for talk radio. What did we find? A hockey game! Who was playing? Leafs vs Sens! And so it began...

Winning the radio game, I was sure the Sens were on a Leafs killing streak, but the Leafs proved my theory wrong @ the game!


The Leaf's managed to pull through for a win... but just barely. With a few minutes left in the 3rd they tied - with a win a couple mins. into OT. That darn Tucker!

I Love this shot. My BIL with Mr. Ron MacLean in the background. If there was audio - you would hear the Hockey Night in Canada song! Oh - it was SO exciting!


Look up - up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's jak-in-the-box... KNITTING @ Hockey Night in Canada! (With Vesper - ou the luxuries! I am a lucky girl!)


And one last thing...
Who's the best goalie in the NHL? Just sayin'....

Emery, Emery ~ you're the best. Emery, Emery ~ I'm glad you wear the Sens crest.
(Ok Cheerleader - I'm not. Glad I didn't knit those pom poms afterall.)

And YES I was that close to take this picture!!!! We couldn't get 4 seats together, so we had two, waaayy up in the sky and two, 2 rows from the ice ~ and we rotated. It worked.

OK I lied. I have to show a pic. of my other BIL playing hockey. He plays Centre (#8) for the Demons ~ a big shout out to the Demons! They entertained us on a Sunday afternoon with an awsome game - winning 4:1 !


jak-er Out!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Cool shot of Ron McLean! He came to Halifax about 9 years ago and my husband and I went to hear him speak. I think if you google "Nice Guy", you get Ron's wikipedia entry.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of you in the nose bleed section is giving me vertigo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home