jak in the box: Word from Missing Mitt

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Word from Missing Mitt

Could it be? FleeceArtist Multi Mitt is still out there?

Today I received an email from someone who calls themselves DGPipetr. I'm not sure whether or not to believe this mysterious person. Have they made contact with my mitt? Did mitt write this or, is it some other hand?

The day started out with family, having lots of laughs and fun.
Around the rink we skated. I thought I was the lucky one.
You put me on your hand and said, "You fit just right".
So what made you leave me there alone, on that dreadful night?

I remember feeling the cold on the bench where I lay.
I kept hoping you would come back. For that I did pray.
I was left behind, it was not my choice.
It has been so long, since I heard your familiar voice.

The lonely hours turned to days, and days turned into weeks.
With all kinds of people touching me, and some were such freaks!
Strangers liked to pick me up and give a tight squeeze.
I hoped someone would send me, back to my home - please.

People would try me on, but none of them were the right fit.
They all wanted me, as they thought I was the most beautiful mitt.
I got so tired of all the touching, I started not to care.
I hope I never hear again, "I wish the owner left the pair".

People would touch me, then throw me in the box on the floor.
I got so tired of hoping you would walk through the door.
Getting so bored, lonely, and stretched I got myself in a slump.
I didn't care anymore when I heard them say, "Friday this box goes to the dump".

Then the other day someone picked me up and put me in their hands.
I was waiting for them to hold me, then throw me in the box or in the stands.
This person was nice and she seemed glad to take care of me.
She told me in a few days I would be home - I just had to wait and see.

I am happy, and hope to have no more days of gloom.
As for my Owner, I hope she checks her mail. I will be home soon!!!


I want to hope.... I will check mail mitt. I will wait for you...

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoping your mitten makes it home...

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a message of hope!!! Like your mitten has been rescued.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home