jak in the box: Holidays (in review)

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Holidays (in review)

Since I have been absent from the blog world since the summer, I have so much to catch up on. Most recently - the holidays.

We went home to be with family - it was wonderful! We spent a lot of time hanging around and eating - MIL loves to bake (thanks for the peanut butter balls mamma K), and drinking - BILs and brothers influence :), and of course - knitting.

Was knitting a pair of shorty Gauntlets, when MIL commented on how she would like a pair. My mission - to finish before it was time to leave. They were knit in Sweet Georgia (Angel) - sorry Lynn, I took only 1 skein... They're short - that's all I needed... I don't have a pic of them, but here's a pic. of my SILs long Gauntlets - She Knit Them Herself. I'm so proud!


psst ~ I think she took this pic. at work. I see a rolodex... that's ok L, we understand. Welcome :)

We spent a lot of time playing poker, watching hockey - MIL and Mom both owe me a $20. Sorry, Toronto has too many men in sick beds - I'll collect when I'm home in March :)

Santa & Mrs. Claus even came to visit. Santa paid particular attention to our newest addition - Isabella (named after nannie - I know nan would Love her). Thanks Santa & Mrs. Claus, for your presence. By the way she looks a lot like someone I know, but I just can't place her...


Of course Harley bear had a great time with all the festivities.
He was trying to be an elf, but he scared all the children with his CRAZY EYES. Not to mention, he was afraid to move. He only moved his eyes.

He got lots of treats and Santa brought him new babies to play and snuggle with.

We rented a rink (site of missing mitten - I think), and played hockey and skated.

Here's a shot of husband, brothers and FIL pretending to be in NHL:

Toronto still has lots of fans - even though they can't win (heeee heeee).

We ended the trip with a big New Year's bash in the back yard around a fire! There was a little bit of snow, some fireworks, children running, and a few beverages.



All in all - lots of Kareoke, lots of presents (my main one being satellite radio - bye bye commercials - hello 80s music All Day looong :), and of course lots of *Caps.

* A game of skill played with beer bottle caps. We are so good we've taken it to a new level - Extreme Caps. Seen below:






This is E & D in a Cap Off. Of course, E won! That's why they call us the HRM/Kings County Ambidextrous EXTREME Caps Champions.








Team photo:

Faulker - OUT

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't dis the Leafs!

Cool gauntlets.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who has to dis the leafs? They do a good enough job on their own!!!

*Habs fan bolts fronm the room....*

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The goggles clearly add to the game. I am HORRIBLE at caps...

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger lulubelle said...

The one and only time I played caps my best friend hit me in the eye. I had to go out with a red scratch and a developing bruise. I totally commend their presence of mind to wear googles. It's the only safe thing to do.
Love the crazy-eyed elf..what a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home