jak in the box: Tattoo Diaries

Friday, May 12, 2006

Tattoo Diaries

Ok - this is a post of what Jak in the Box is all about - outside the box.

Let's preface this:
For Christmas, I didn't know what to get my honey. Knowing he likes tattoos and has been struggling with getting a sleeve - professional personna vs. personal personna, kind of thing - I bought him a gift ceriticate at our local tattoo shop. Included was a note that we should get tattoos together this year. Side note: my only tattoo experience a 7 minute VERY painfull (yet meaningful) tattoo on my foot. Thinking this was a good gift and having no idea what my tattoo would be - we started our journey.

I knew where I wanted my engraving to be - on my right hip (hidden to the rest of the world, yet visible to me) - yet not knowing what the image would be. I struggled... yarn with knitting needles... doesn't really go with the curve of my hip, a crown (a symbol of my last name)... couldn't find a feminine curvy crown... an elephant, my animal symbol... too big. I decided on a mermaid. Yes, a water symbol. Something that is real, yet not real. A symbol of beauty in the sea. 13 hours and she's done...

Ready folks:





It's a hip. Please don't judge.


My honey is getting a sleeve. Listen, with all the money I spend on my stash, I figure, he could be spending money on heroin or some other needle habbit. Instead, his drug of choice is - tattoos.

That's one perspective. Here's another:

Mine complete, he's still on his journey. Now it's just coloring it in. Good luck honey. All I know - it hurts like hell, but it's worth it.

SIDE NOTE -

MIL's New Tattoo

Happy Mother's Day!! I can't wait for you to open your present!!!

jak

3 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger FrozenExtremities said...

Beautiful work! Who's the artist? I'm hoping to fix some poor work I had done on my shoulders and maybe turn my lower back piece into a belt this year.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Steph said...

You already know I love her. Does she have a name yet?

And Mr. JAK's has come a long way since I saw it!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to comment yesterday...but blogger was being such jerk I gave up.

So, again with feeling:

Wow! That must have hurt like hell! I want another tattoo - waiting on inspiration and $ not destined for things we need (like paying off debt).

Both of your tattoos are beautiful - I can't wait to see the sleeve when it is done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home