jak in the box: I can wind my own balls

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I can wind my own balls

Not that I'm not thankful to those who have helped me wind my balls, and sometimes, have wound my balls for me. I am thankful. But you see, I have an independent streak - the need to do it myself.

My husband also played a part in this. Thinking he was being a good enabler, he searched the city at Christmas for what he thought was the full meal deal - he managed to get half the package - the winder. And so, I have been saving my pennies to buy the swift as well.

It is ~ oh so beautiful and ~ oh so worth every penny. I have seen a few swifts in my day, but this one seems to sparkle in the sunlight :)

Here it is winding 100% silk from Tangled Skeins. This happens to be a gift for someone VERY special... I can't tell you who, or even what it is going to be, but I can show you the cake of beautifully wound silk.



The picture does not do the colors justice - blues, yellows, and purples. It reminds me of the ocean.


And though the late night ball winding parties will be no more, perhaps we can bring our own cakes and knit them too (sorry, I had to).

In case you're tempted I ordered it locally from Lucy Neatby's company Tradewind Knitwear Designs Inc.


1 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I wan't my own swift and winder too. I can use the one at my lys any time, but I always need one late at night or on sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home