jak in the box: Greek Pull over ~ I've been distracting myself...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Greek Pull over ~ I've been distracting myself...

with this...



This was a birthday present for a special someone, and I was late giving it to her, so I whipped it up in a week. This is the Koigu bought on spree in TO. Aren't the colors beautifice?

Then I started this:
Bobby Bear (Blue Sky)
Doesn't look like much right now - but that's only because I haven't started his bum yet, and what's a bear without a bum?

Tangled Skeins brought in Blue Sky, and well, when you touch it... well, when you touch it... it cries - 'touch me more'. If you've touched it - you know.

Now I'm distracting myself with these:

(This would be a picture of socks, but batteries in camera currently being charged)

Opal is on sale (20% off), and I can't buy some until I use all sock yarn in my house. This is stuff I bought 4 years ago...

Ok - why am I distracting myself you ask? Well, my personality is such that if I don't know how to do something, I either ignore it or jump in with both feet. I am also, like many other knitters I know (don't worry ladies, I won't mention any names here), eager to start another project when one is almost complete.

So this is the scoop:
Greek pullover - mission procrastination.

~ Front and back complete, blocked and grafted at shoulders.
~ Arms complete and blocked.
~ I-cord complete.
~ Neck line finished in single Crochet... I said, neck line finished in single Crochet...

That's where it stopped my enablers. "Oh it's easy." Say my Crochet savvy friends. "You just put the needle in and pull the yarn through the loop." They say.

I don't know why I'm afraid of Crochet. Well, afraid is a strong word. Resisting is better. I'm resisting the crochet. People say it's faster, it's easier, it's less work than knitting. So tonight I will attempt the neck in fine crochet style.

Update to be posted... soon.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You knit steph's scarf in a week? In koigu? Wow.

I knit baby bobby bear a year ago - the chubby little bum was my favourite part.

Good luck on the crochet neckline, it won't be that bad once you get going. FINISH THAT SWEATER! I unfortunately don't practice what I preach.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home