jak in the box: Why yes my knitting friend...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Why yes my knitting friend...

it is the clapotis around my neck :)

With all the excitement of the trip and buying spree I forgot to mention the clapotis. I must say, I was completely obsessed with finishing this before I went away. It got to the point where I was calculating the time it took to complete a row and a pattern set, then determining how much time I needed for knitting. Started on a Tuesday - finished the next Tuesday!

Mission Clapotis - complete!

Here it is in all it's loveliness...


and...


As I mentioned before it is done in HandMaiden Flaxen (silk/linen mix). It is a wonderful piece that I will love forever!

Yesterday I started...


Ou ahhh. I absolutely LOVE the color and working with this yarn. Hope to have it finished for my B-day. What a great present :) A hand knit sweater the color of wine :) We shall see.

Mission Greek Pullover - in progress.

4 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Steph said...

i am absolutely green with envy... about both projects.

i hate all my projects.

I hate all my yarn.

Yearghhhhhh!

*this wooly tantrum is brought to you by the 8 hours a day I spend at work... not knitting*

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger knitjo said...

Oohhhhh, Aaaaaahhhhh! Love le Clapotis (uttered in my best Parisian accent!) And not the greek pullover, too. I drool over that one everytime I look at it. Are you putting the ribbon on it, too? You can do it girl! Unless you get Carpal Tunnel...I must get off this computer and save my wrist for my knitting--Malabrigo is my therapy!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did it! It is gorgeous - handmaiden? wow. You don't mess around, do you? Love it.

The greek pullover is going to be fab...can't wait to see it...

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me it was your birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home