jak in the box: and we're back

Saturday, February 11, 2006

and we're back

Phew - that life reflection stuff really sucked me in... and then I saw my knitting basket over flowing and remembered - I should be knitting right now.

So, here is BIL's promised Rowan Big Wool scarf in progress.



As I type it is being blocked and awaiting tassel/no tassel instruction.

Because the wool is so bulky it was hard to decide what stitch/pattern to use. In the end I decided on ribbed ends with a centre cable. Once the wool was washed it's very soft and rustic looking :)

Still working on Greek pullover. Finished back and front panels and going to start sleeves tonight ~ or tomorrow (depending on if the bottle of wine on the counter calls me). I did make a journey to the fabric store today and purchased chenille for the bottom edge and the sleeves. I went with a natural taupe that compliments the Burgundy nicely... ou can't wait until it's finished.

I've already swatched my next project... I can't help myself - it's got to be the Odessa hat by Grumperina. It's so cute, and I've never worked with beads, so I'm looking forward to that AND I got some beautiful orange yarn for my B-day that is crying to be touched :)

And because it's February and because my honey was thoughtful enough - I'm going to share ...





FLOWERS! Oh they smelled so good. A little B-day/February pick me up. And yes, Tangled Skeins 'the new shop' is in the background. Where else would I spend my birthday?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home