jak in the box: ...into the future...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

...into the future...

Horoscope for today:
It may feel as if you must complete more today than is humanly possible, but this is just an illusion. There really isn't any justification for working harder than you can. And although you may feel uneasy about taking the day off, some downtime can actually make you more productive overall.

And downtime I took... I quit the office job. One week in, and I was beginning to feel the yellow walls move in toward me, and the vacuum that is an 'office' suck the breath from my lungs. I tried to look out through the dusty whitish plastic blinds, but the windows were small and dirty blurring the outside world. I could feel it start to happen on the first day when they said words like 'submit GST quarterly', and on day two when words like 'taking board minutes' started floating around, and on day three I noticed the only janitor would be me...

I started crying out in my sleep things like, 'where are the beautiful colors?'. 'I know my knitting needles were right here...' and to my honey's delight - and then sudden dismay, 'can I touch it? ou, it's so soft...'

So, I'm back among the partially unemployed ~ they can't tear me away from Tangled Skeins (my sanctuary in a world full of craziness). I can tell you that Mr. Harley is one happy little puppy to have me home.




To get me through the last week, I have been working on the Mikado fingerless gloves. Oh I L-O-V-E them. I am blending Lucy's Celestial Merino 2ply fingerweight (black) and Rowan's Kidsilk Night so there's a soft wooly sparkle effect. I made them one button hole longer so they cover more of my arms. I found great Stone Temple Pilot-ish star buttons, so I feel like a Rock Star in my fingerless gloves. I don't know kids - but I'm likin' this knitting for me stuff...

Here's one finished. Just working on gusset (ou that sounds dirdy) on the second.





Great news! When my SIL was here over Christmas she noticed me toting my knitting with me back and forth between the hospital and home, saw me get out my needles in the middle of company, and enjoys her Fuzzy Feet so much - she has decided to give knitting a try. She went out today and purchased Stitch n' Bitch and has selected a scarf pattern. I'm so happy to have someone in the family join my in my obsession - I mean hobby... Good luck L. Call if you need anything :)

That's all for now folks.
You can bet I'll be spending a little more time knitting, and blogging. At least until the next job adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home