jak in the box: The 1st day

Monday, May 02, 2005

The 1st day

Friday was my last day in the office. Bitter sweet really. It was sweet 'cause few of us were in the office. That made me much more comfortable. Bitter - well, I guess because I said good bye to five years of my life... My dreams won't let me say good bye though. I'm putting programs together, organizing details of events... CRAZY! Takes time I guess. Here's an excerpt of what I wrote in my journal (yes, I still do the old fashioned pen & paper thing - nothing quite replaces the sound of pen scratching across paper for me):

"I walked from the Jeep to the garage. A quiet coolness enveloped me. Birds beckoned in the distance, 'Welcome home Jen. Welcome back to life ~ a new life.' I carried the box containing 5 years of my office life - a waste basket, a calendar, my plants :), shoes, coffee mug, coaster (from Stephie), toothpaste, and brush. My motorbike sparkled happily at me, as if to say, 'We're gonna get to play, we're gonna get to play'. My gardening tools sighed a quite relief knowing we would be spending much time together. The garage hugged around me knowing I would be home to clean it up. When I got home - 10 minutes ago, it was foggy. Now sun sparkles reflect off the ocean across the street. Welcome home."

Crazy coincidences are presenting themselves. A year or so ago, I was looking at a soap line on-line, and Loved it. I asked if they had franchise ops. They replied, not at this time.

Friday, we (husband and boy child) were getting ready to go out of the city for an overnight trip and I was looking at shops I could go to in the area, and noticed this line had a new store. I made the decision to go see it - and who do I get a call from an hour before we go? Freakin' Soap people wanting to get together to discuss a potential opportunity in my MARKET!!! I - WAS - FREAKING!! So - I tell them I'm on my way to see their location and will be back in town on Sunday. So we got together last night for 2 1/2 hours!!

My last day of employment and I get a CALL. The universe works in Crazy ways friends.

Needless to say I am very excited, and very confused now. I'm supposed to be taking time off to get my shit together. To quietly work my way through the summer spending time in dirt, lighting camp fires, and writing crazy ass stories...

That brings me to today ~ Pretty much ran myself in circles - accomplished:

Laundry, groceries, cleaned spare room and set up bed (for in-laws arriving Thursday), dug hole to transplant Lilac, dug hole to plant baby spruce I've been coddling all winter, organized my bedroom (somewhat), got out fabric to make blanket for puppy!!! Yeah Puppy!!! Vacuumed - a little. Walked boy child to and from school :)

Husband left this a.m. for Bermuda - work trip, but he played golf today and is going for dinner and drinks tonight - I guess the work starts tomorrow? I'm not bitter... Actually I'm meeting him there on Saturday for a few days - YEAH!!!

Posted a pic for you :)

I'll think I'll pour myself a glass of vino now ~ sigh. No office tomorrow either.

Thank you universe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home