jak in the box: My new life...?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My new life...?

I quit my job.

A job that pays relatively well for a woman - I say with a hint of sarcasm. A job that has good medical benefits. A job that offers a RRSP program. A job that administers Savings Bonds. A job that... Well, really that's all of the good stuff. Besides being a place where I can see and talk with people I like everyday. But the ones that are real friends I will see outside the confines of hell - I mean, the office.

I'm not sure how to feel right now. Perhaps still in a little shock. I have been planning this for a while. But plans and reality are not the same. I didn't think I would actually do it. The independent side of me is FREAKING. The tired and sad part of me is sighing with relief. The knitting side of me is wondering where the cash for the next stash is coming from. The hungry part of me is hoping those tomatoes really do grow... and thinking I better get in gear and start planting the cucumbers, pumpkins, watermelon, peppers... Livin' off the land this summer and knitting up whatever remnants I can find. Should be interesting.

Must go feed boy child and earn my keep.

On the edge of unemployed...
jak

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Steph said...

I'll still love you even when you have no $$ to buy yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home