jak in the box: the Stones

Friday, April 08, 2005

the Stones

A typical Spring day. April Showers with promise of May flowers as tiny green buds spiratically poke through dirt.

My friend SVW, and I noticed green buds everywhere earlier this week while on a lunch time walk (well it was more like a hobble for SVW :) She's started jogging, and I'm making fun of her cause I haven't and I feel horrible about myself... That's what friends do - right?

Anyhow, while on our walk we decided to pop into the Burnside Zoo (pet store). This is where we met Kieth and Mick. 2 little crazy ass pups. I fell in love, and even begged my husband, his parents, and my son to accompany me after supper last night so they could meet Kieth and Mick too. Kieth, I discovered is female :) and Mick the male who is 2 wks older and has been groomed, so looks a little more... or should I say, a little less wacky.

I'm not even sure why I want a puppy. My husband keeps focusing on the negative - poopy scooping, late night pee trips, cold or rainy day walkings. I guess I look at it as a reason to get up in the morning... ou that sounds very sad doesn't it? But maybe if I have someone to look after, that will pee on my carpet if I don't get my ass out of bed. Is that what it's come down to? I guess I shouldn't put it that way. I do get out of bed and quite enjoy days - that I'm not at the office. Perhaps I should wait until this phase cycles past before we invite a puppy into our family. I will keep checking on Kieth-ett though. If no one buys her, I'll have to save her from the Zoo.

In~laws are here this weekend, so I imagine we'll be doing a bit of shopping and visiting. Last weekend my girl from home moved into the province, so we were at her new home. The weekend before we went home (NB) for Easter and my nannies B-day, and the weekend before we were coming home from vacation - no wonder I've been sick this week.

Husband away (in NF) next weekend, so I'll finish knitting projects I want to complete. Start more seedlings - Oh very excited about that! And going to sew an apron for gardening tools, from You Grow Girl by Gayla Trail. EXCELLENT book for growing, and gardening projects for a yard or balcony type setting.

Hmmm just notice something. I bought two gardening books. One by Gayla 'Trail', and another by Lois 'Hole'. Do you think they did that on purpose? Perhaps I could write and gardening book and my name will be Jenna Dirt. No, that's Joe Dirt. How about Verta Thumb? That's funny!! Well, to me.

OK enough bibble babble - lunch break is over. Must get to work.

jak

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Steph said...

I'm not hobbling now, baby! I'm going for a run this afternoon! Bwah ha ha ha ha ha... as soon as I do the laundry, vacuum and mop the floors, sew some curtains and my gardening apron and... Wow... big plans. I'll probably end up on the couch. I think I need a puppy.
(love the new template, b.t.w. it goes very well with your green thumb - Verta Thumb. Ha!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home