jak in the box: Oh What Have I done?

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Oh What Have I done?

This is the 'after buying a new stash' guilt that is settling in. I should be saving for retirement, but noooo - I spent $120 on yarn. To some that may not be a lot. To me - a beginner, a novice, a poor woman!

SVW, my boy child, and I headed off to the Valley today and hit Gaspereau Valley Fibres. Wonderfully, beautiful location with amazing 'I am not worthy' wool of every type. My budget was $60, so I about doubled that and have finished my yarn purchasing until Fall (perhaps longer, depending on retirement fund).

I do however, have enough wool to knit up a sweater (this one promises not to be a 'knit for ever' pattern due to 9mm needles and bulky wool - we shall see). This is my first sweater (Berkshire Pullover, Weekend Knitting) and the ladies tell me an easy one :) Heee heee hawww... I also bought some wool - oh that I love so much - to make more mittens. Yep, I'm gonna giver' another try. I'm very excited about those.

Today was at least 10 degrees Celsius, sunny with clear blue skies. Such a great day for a drive and relaxing with sheep, a lama, a few chickens, and friends. Thanks to great friend SVW for racing with boy child, talking to lama with boy child, and basically distracting him while mommy selected perfect yarn. OH! SVW is going to spin her own Yarn! A Turkish spinner thingy! Very cool. We tried it out today. I bet the yarn will be rustic and oh so creative. Can't wait to see an entire ball (how's that for pressure Stfy?).

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the pressure! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I don't know if I can do it, I just don't know!!!! There was wool flying everywhere here last night.

I'm still not entirely sure how that whole buying the spindle thing happened. I think I had an out-of-body experience. I suddenly heard myself saying "Ok, I would like this spindle and some of this roving please."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home