jak in the box: grow my pretties, grow

Thursday, April 21, 2005

grow my pretties, grow

I'm so excited!

Life is out there. In the little box of dirt at the end of the driveway. This is the box that I usually put sweet peas in (they climb up the steps nicely), and sunflowers. In the Fall I cut the sunflowers down and left them for ground cover, and they seeded. After work yesterday, on the way in the house (I check all dirt piles for signs of life before heading in to check my inside dirt pots), I could see tiny sunflowers poking up in search of light. Not one or two - at least 7!

This morning we awoke to big soppy flakes of snow scattering from the sky. I quickly grabbed newspaper and ran out to protect the baby sunflower from our moody Maritime weather. Now the sun is shining, so hopefuly they are warm and ok. Can't wait to get home and check on them.

Inside dirt:
No sign of these herbs surfacing yet. Dill, coriander, thyme, thai basil, mint, and lavender (this one is a fussy little one I think).

Hot peppers are curling their way into the sun, along with the echinacea, and chives. This weekend I'm going to put together the little plastic, zip up green house my neighbor (thanks Trace) so kindly gave me when she moved last Fall.

Knitting:
Oh my sweater is coming right along. Or should I say my husband's sweater. On the 2nd skein and measures about 10" (on the round). I casually mentioned to him last evening that this is my first sweater and the arms may be a little quirky. He made a snide remark about the entire sweater turning out quirky... he better be joking or else this sweater might turn out to be a 'little' too small for him and fit - oh - ME!

Called SVW today - she has day off and is gallivanting to yarn shops, and probably at cafe knitting... jealousy overtaking me right now... Ok back. Hoping I can stop by her place today after I get off work to take advantage of her ball winder :) Need to double up yarn on a couple sets of mits I'll be making.

Employment Ops:
'G' the taker carer of the Nuggets (my boy child & friends) called this morning with a very cool business idea. We are meeting with Trace (x-neighbour - green house giver), this weekend to brainstorm. Also received requests from suppliers for home phone number... never know... I do know that I feel relieved and oddly happy.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can take advantage of my ball winder any time! Hee hee..

Hey, you got your site meter up and running. cool!

Gosh, I'm so, like 12 years old right now. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home