jak in the box: New Rings

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

New Rings

Today was a great day. I have applied for passport - Cuba here I come! I also had breakfast at a wonderful little coffee shop downtown I haven't been to in a few years. Nice to be back on ol' stompin' grounds. On my way back to the parkade, I discovered this beautiful little jewellery boutique. Her window display of sparkles & red drew me in... I bought two beautiful rings, massage oil for my man (wink), and slate rock tea candle holders that are made in BC. (I've been looking for these locally.) I also introduced myself to the lady working there, and we talked for 45mins or more... Sometimes when you meet people ~ you just connect.

This afternoon I had to go for X-rays - one of the joys of 'maturing' is our bodies don't run as smoothly, or as pain free as they used to. I must compliment the lady who took my 'photos', as she was very kind, gentle, and didn't make me feel naked - even though I was :) Thank you...

I also received my third set of retainers... very long story, but the up-to-the-minute version is that if these do not fix the issue, I will need to get braces put back on the bottom. So much for that experience being finished.

To end the day I finished with 12 mins. of soaking up UV, UB, and whatever other U rays are out there, in preparation for vacation. Damn that's relaxing - bad for me, but it feels sooo good. I covered my face...

After completing a few rows of my French Market Bag bottom (that I have unravelled once already - damn st. st., why couldn't it have been straight knit like it was when I read the pattern the first time...), I stopped to write a quick note on my blog (I'm hip, I'm cool). I must sign off however, as a hot bath awaits me and a writing project for tomorrow's class that I haven't started or even thought about yet. Oh yeah - I should paint my nails to give that ring the showcase it deserves :)

Good night moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home